Use the Text Box Options
Learning to use the different elements of a comprehensive tool like our Editor can often seem like a daunting task. That’s why we have made this series of mini-guides on how to use the different elements of the tool to customise text boxes, images, logos, forms and more easily and effectively.
For Text Boxes we have included a number of features, which allow you to customise the presentation of the text in your templates. These include;
- Margin – Found in the side bar, this allows you to customise the amount of margin around this element to meet your requirements.
- Undo / Redo functions ( )– fairly self-explanatory, but we included these functions so as to avoid the need for repeating actions / excessive deleting. You can also use the same shortcuts as in Microsoft Word for these actions (CTRL+Z = Undo, CTRL+Y = Redo)
- Inserting Images and / or Personalization – by clicking the insert button you will be able to insert an image into text, or choose to insert one of the standard personalization tags. For details on using custom personalization tags please click here.
- Clear Existing Formatting ( ) – often when pasting in text from a web based source you will paste it in inclusive of additionally formatting (text fonts / colours / sizes etc). Using this button will allow you to remove the additional formatting returning it to the default setup.
- Text Colours – Allows you to change the colour of the fonts you are using – in specific areas, or across the entire text box. This will give you a list of prebuilt colour options or the ability to choose your own by inputting the relevant RGB or # code, or by scrolling across the colour bar.
- Background Colours – As above, but this is for the background area behind the text itself, allowing you to highlight certain sections of text with a blue / purple (etc) background, in order to draw even more attention to that aspect of your script.
- Customise Line Height – Similar to that seen in word, this allows you to customise the spacing between lines of text in order to increase or decrease the gap between each line of text.
- Font Family / Font Size – As expected, these tools allow you to choose from hundreds of different font families to select your chosen font from your corporate brand guidelines, or to experiment with the different font possibilities out there. With these tools you can easily change the sizing of specific areas of text / the entire text box, as desired.
- Inserting Links into the text ( ) – by selecting part of the text you can include a link from a specific word / phrase. An example of this can be seen at the end of this guide, where I link out to the “Tips and Tricks” forum.
- Creating a Bullet / Numbered List ( )– a useful way of presenting information, much like this bullet point list you are reading right now!
And finally – “Formats” – a drop down section including the following tools:
- Headings: This allows you to customise the size of different areas of your text – traditionally used to help decide on the font sizes between headers, and the following sub headers.
- Inline: This section provides ways to edit the formatting of your text – creating superscript like the “nd” in 2nd, as well as other formatting functions such as bold underlined, italic, strike-through etc . (N.B. shortcuts for Bold and Italic are also found outside of this section)
- Blocks: This tool allows you to define how a block of text should be arranged. By clicking on the different options you can change the layout of your block of text so that it fits your requirements
- Alignment: This section allows you to choose between aligning your text to the left of the text box, the right, the middle, or choosing to “justify” the text – i.e. spreading the wording evenly across the available space so that the ends on each side of the text box are smooth and even. (N.B. Shortcuts to the Align Right / Centre / Left are also found outside of this section)
If you require more information and / or advice, then we recommend either speaking directly with the support team through the live chat feature